FROM THE DESK OF THE GENERAL MANAGER
2020 – The Year It Was
It’s fair to say that 2020 had been a year like no other for everyone. As we have just entered into 2021, let us all be more optimistic that the New Year would bring more cheers to all of us.
For MLR/DEILC, 2020 was still a year to be cherished. Despite the unprecedented Covid-19 pandemic, there had also been many occasions worth ‘celebrating’. Besides our regular English training and learning activities, we take pride to share some of our accomplishments and achievements in 2020 as follows:
- Forging partnerships with Sasbadi Education Group, Dale Carnegie Malaysia and the Association of Science, Technology and Innovation Malaysia (ASTI);
- Conducting training for organisations / institutions such as Merck Sharp & Dohme (MSD) Malaysia, Prudential Assurance Malaysia Berhad, Islamic Banking & Finance Institute Malaysia (IBFIM), Institut Keusahawanan Negara (INSKEN), Lazada Express, Big Dataworks, Maxxima Resources, Alam Sekitar Malaysia, Razak School of Government etc;
- Launching of BEST 4.0 – the new version of BEST Project, a CSR initiative by MLR (launched in Aug 2018) that has since benefited more than 200 secondary school students;
- Launching of our very own training programmes – Malaysia Entrepreneurship Training Initiatives (MESTI), Malaysia Employability Programme (MyEMPRO) and Malaysia Talent Management Programme (MyTALENT);
- Training a total of 134 participants from the B40 Group under the HRDF Penjana Initiatives;
- Conducting English Language Skills Assessment (ELSA) for 200 school principals and district education officers from Sabah State Education Department;
- Organising Tunku Abdullah Debate Challenge i.e. TADC Online 2020, an annual debate challenge that was organised since 2018;
- Administering Linguaskill, the globally recognised English Proficiency Certification Test by Cambridge Assessment English to candidates from various corporations/organisations (DEILC is an authorised Test Centre for Linguaskill).
We certainly look forward to having more exciting time ahead in 2021 and with the pandemic still looming on the horizon, we would definitely need to be more agile, more creative and more inventive than before.
General Manager, Melewar Learning Resources
Principal, Direct English International Language Centre
Date: 4 Jan 2021